The current projections show the Horry County coast is still being spared. But the local media have an obligation to keep the public informed and updated.
Even though we may not be targeted for a direct hit and we will be on the weak side, those winds and storms will still be something to be aware of. If you're inclined to Tweet photos and tips, we ask you use the hashtags #myrwx and #Irene.
On with the links...
TheDigitel Myrtle Beach
- Irene may have already hit Myrtle Beach
- Plan ahead: A map of Horry County evacuation shelters
- Hurricane Irene one to watch closely in South Carolina
- Myrtle Beach's odds for the 2011 hurricane season: 6.2%
- Horry County officials encourage residents to prepare
- Rip currents and high surf mark Hurricane Irene's approach
- Two Horry County bridges to close due to Irene
The Sun News
- Hurricane Irene takes a swipe at Myrtle Beach tourism
- Hurricane Irene: Send us your photos of damage; outage tips
- Hurricane Irene: Hurricanes on the brain
- Myrtle Beach Skywheel gondolas come down for Irene
- Rough waters cause beach closures on Grand Strand
Myrtle Beach Herald