World Trade Center Charleston (WTCC) is conducting its first export workshop, Export University, a one day workshop on export sales, finance and logistics solutions for companies that are currently exporting but need guidance to further expand overseas markets or for businesses that may be new to exporting and need the tools to avoid costly mistakes, Thursday, November 3 from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. at World Trade Center Headquarters, 4500 Leeds Ave.
Compete globally by learning:
- The basics of the letter of credit and other international methods of payment
- Pricing strategies and how to offer financing to your foreign buyers to increase sales
- The role of the freight forwarder - freight packaging/forwarding/shipping
- How export credit insurance can be used to decrease risk, reduce transaction cost and increase sales
- International banking/payment for goods/exchange rates
Experts Dan Holt, International Finance Specialist, Small U. S. Small Business Administration; Phil Minard, International Trade Specialist, U. S. Department of Commerce, Export Assistance Center, and Clarke Thompson, Manager, International Department of S. C. Department of Commerce will discuss how to use these government services to increase sales.
World Trade Center Charleston is a member of the World Trade Center Association, a recognizable symbol of focused economic strength in world commerce. Anchored by the unique combination of a World Trade Center with the dynamic offerings of the Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce, WTCC will be a bustling hub of import and export activity for the region through programs and services designed to enhance international trade opportunities in the region.