Charleston's premier pet event, Pet Fest, will be returning to Mount Pleasant Palmetto Islands Community Park from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, April 13 and Sunday, April 14.
Patrons have much to be excited for, as the festival is a marquee opportunity for local animal organizations and businesses to flaunt important causes, products and other pet-friendly services they offer. Attendees are encouraged to bring their leashed pets or look for a new furry friend, courtesy of multiple local rescue groups who will have adoptable aniamls on-site.
Admission is $5 per day. Children 12 and younger, Gold Pass Holders, and leashed pets are all welcome free of charge.
Some other highlights of Pet Fest taking place on both days include:
- K9s in Flight Frisbee dogs and dock diving
- Lowcountry Dog Magazine's Cover Model Contest
- Pet contests, including: best trick, owner-pet look-alike, face only a mother could love, musical sit and best dog costume
- FlyBall dogs demonstrations
- STARR (Search, Tactics, And Rescue/Recovery) Team demonstrations
- Nutrition, education and training tents
- Children’s activities, including jump castles
- Pony photos with Pony Up Photography
- Food, beverages and beer for sale
- Official presentation of the 2013 Top Dog, Charleston County Parks’ official dog mascot
- and much, much more.
For more information about Pet Fest, visit its website or call (843) 795-4386.