The bridge run is over. So now what? (updated x2)
Image by Bridge RunImage by 20090404-bridge-run.jpg
So, now what?
Update April 4, evening: Go check out our video and multimedia roundup.
Original post: Now that the 2009 Cooper River Bridge Run is winding down, here's what to expect.
- It looks like one person has finished the run in 27:40 -- that may be a record. We'll keep you posted.
- Update: The results are in at Active.com, 31,446 people finished.
- The Post and Courier is promising loads of pictures and video to go up shortly after the race -- the best spot to watch for that is on their homepage.
- Expect traffic to be a mess for a while, and the bridge won't be reopened until the last runners clear it. Which could be another hour, but some streets downtown may be closed as late as 1 p.m. Here's details.
- If you're looking for a party after the Bridge Run, The Charleston City Paper event listings are probably your best bet.