Image by Flickr user Xtina Lam
Mellow Mushroom Mount Pleasant is going way beyond pizza for their upcoming five-course beer dinner on Wednesday, October 12th.
This won't be the first beer dinner from one of the three Lowcountry Mellow locations, not even the first for the Mount Pleasant location. But that crew in particular seems to be staking their claim in the local craft beer scene. Between this and their upcoming Mount Pleasant Beer Fest, it's clear that craft beer is at the forefront for these guys.
Here's the menu, put together in cooperation with Mellow Mt. P's beer club members:
- I: Duet of Wild Mushroom & Parmesan Soup and 3 Cheese & Bacon Soup with Grilled Asiago Flat Bread vs. Sierra Nevada/Dogfish Head Life & Limb (10.2% ABV, B+, 98)
- II: Artisan Cheese Plate with Candied Apricots, Mission Figs, and Hop-Infused Pear Ginger Chutney vs. Avery Collaboration Not Litigation (8.72% ABV, B+, 96)
- III: Braised Duck Ravioli with Pumkin Cream Sauce vs. Dogfish Head Punkin Ale (7% ABV, B+, 90)
- IV: Thai Shrimp & Red Curry Pizza with Spicy Coconut Sauce vs. Bell's Two Hearted Ale (7% ABV, A, 100)
- V: Dark Chocolate Truffle Tart with Whipped Cherry Mascarpone & Sour Cherry Coulis vs. Liefmans Cuvee Brut (6% ABV, A-, 97)
Dinner is served at 7 p.m., and a seat will run you an uber-reasonable $35 (plus tax and tip). Mellow Mount Pleasant is located at 3110 Highway 17 North. Call them at (843) 881-4743 for reservation, and keep up with any updates on their Facebook page.
While you're at it, keep up with our ongoing brew coverage on our #beer landing page.