Image by Eye Level ArtImage by 20090521-slamportrait.jpg
Update May 31: Nathan Durfee has taken the title.
Eye Level Art and Art Student Gallery introduces, 'Portrait Slam' at Eye Level Art's new Spring Street location on Saturday, May 30th.
-Round 1, 16 artists: 10 am-12 p.m.
- Break 1, judging/lunch: 12-1 p.m.
- Round 2, 8 artists: 1-3 p.m.
- Break 2, judging: 3-3:30 p.m.
- Round 3, 4 artists: 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- Break 3, judging: 5:30-6 p.m.
- Round 4, 2 Artists: 6-8 p.m.
- Final Judging, winner announcement: 8:30 p.m.
16 contenders will compete throughout the day's events. The day will start with 16 artists, and the judges will knock out one artist per round until there are two left standing. The main event (last two standing) will start at 6 p.m. with live music and drinks to celebrate the winner!
See you ring side!
$5 cover at the door.
By the way, here's a full list of the contenders: Ishamel, Nathan Durfee, Sarah Haynes, Tina Christophillis, Julio Cotto, Anson Cyr, Chris Dotson, Joanna Jackson, Damian Kessler, Robert Maniscalco, Bill McCullough, Karen Ann Myers, Bennett Goodmann, Jonell Pulliam, and Karen Silverstro.