photo by flickr user cliff1066™
The South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles is holding their 2012 Driver Suspension Eligibility Week from March 5-9, 2012. The program is aimed at clearing or reducing the amount of time remaining for certain types of suspensions.
According to the SCDMV site, suspensions eligible are:
- drivers under 18 years of age that are suspended for excessive points.
- those suspended for operating an unlicensed taxi or vehicle.
- drivers suspended for operating an uninsured vehicle that they did not own.
- those suspended for operating or allowing operation of an uninsured vehicle.
- drivers suspended for driving under suspension, excluding alcohol or drug related convictions.
There are specific qualifications and an application process. To learn more, visit the SCDMV for more information about Driver Suspension Eligibility Week here.
Below is a map of DMVs in Horry County. Please note that the amnesty period extends to Saturday, March 10, 2012 at locations that have weekend hours. Unfortunately, none in our county do but if you're up for a roadtrip, click here for a full list. The two closest locations are in Florence and Charleston.