Image by Flickr user christine zenino
Mixson, a blossoming urbanist community in North Charleston’s historic Park Circle neighborhood, is thrilled to announce it will host a family and pet friendly Holiday Maker’s Market at Mixson on November 6th.
Located at 4400 Marblehead Lane in North Charleston, this kick-off event for the holiday season will feature all things local – wares produced by artisans, food trucks, breweries and music – from 12 to 4 p.m.
”Mixson is the perfect venue for hosting this exciting event,” noted Michael Phillips managing director of Jamestown. “The development is working diligently to host and promote local vendors on the property in order to create a closer community within North Charleston."
The Holiday Maker’s Market at Mixson is sure to be a hotspot for holiday shopping for jewelry, art, handbags, pottery, stationery and other locally produced items. Artists slated to be selling products include:
- Hooks & Toggles handcrafted jewelry
- Jewelry designer and metal smith Stella Maris of Polyester Stella
- Greeting cards company Relationship Enders
- Hand-crafted savvy hair wear merchant Pretty Little Ditties
- Ink Meets Paper letterpress
- Fine art from HY Studios
- Fused glass jewelry from Janetics Ink
- Pottery from Terra Locale
- Jewelry by Angela Hall
- Flydaisy handcrafted wood longboards
- Wreaths and flowers from Thackery Farms
- Caroline Nelson Art
- Handmade bags by Lacy Sherrill
- Illustrations and photography by Tammy Boyce
- Local vegan granola producer gRAWnola
- Matt McQueen and Collin Skinner of HandCrafted are bringing their design, showcasing the Steasel, a steel easel that mounts directly to the wall
Some of Charleston’s favorite food trucks, including The BBQ Joint, Taco Spot, King of Pops and Roots Ice Cream, will be serving up their tasty treats. Charleston natives Jordan and Jessica Igoe with Firetage will be entertaining guests with music reminiscent of old soul, folk and bluegrass, as well as traditional country music. Holy City Brewery will be selling adult beverages and Julie Kirby from BodyWorks Massage and Wellness will be offering chair massages and selling holiday packages.