Image by Flickr user Ronald Dean PhotographyImage by 20090911-party.jpg
I don't want to hear any excuses that there is "nothing to do" this weekend people. The next couple days are jam packed with cool events happening around town. The Charleston City Paper has a good list going, but we've dug up a few more things that are worth your attention.
- The Terrace Theater on James Island is offering free admission to all movie showings today for military personnel with military ID.
- Looking for a new pet? The Charleston Animal Society is filled to capacity and is offering $50 off of adoption fees on all dogs and puppies tonight and Saturday from 4 - 7 p.m.
- For the theater lover, Greater Park Circle's Play Fest 2009 is still going strong. Get your tickets today.
- The folk rock/jam band Tea Leaf Green will be putting on an exciting live show at The Pour House.
- A majority of the residences on Daniel Island are taking part in a giant yard sale. Go stock up on a bunch of stuff that you never knew you needed, and some stuff you probably still don't need.
- The South Carolina Aquarium is hosting a Dora the Explorer day where kids can meet and learn from Nickelodeon's lovable character.
- Single? Looking for Mister or Miss right? Make your way to the Music Farm tonight for Charleston Jaycees Bachelor Bid Bash and bid on somebody to love. Proceeds go to charity of course.
- Charleston Stage opens their 32nd season with Andrew Lloyd Webber's Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at the Sottile Theater.
Whew...I'm spent. Enjoy your weekend, Charleston.